skip to Main Content

10 Steps to Repairing Your Credit. #7 Is Extremely Important

5. Call Your Creditors For A Goodwill Adjustment

S0 if you have subpar credit, it can be because your credit profile reports you being at least 30 days late within the past two years.  Don’t worry this can be fixed.  The first thing you can do to fix this problem is to call your credit card company to ask for a goodwill adjustment.  Explain to them why you were late and ask them if they can do a one-time “goodwill adjustment” on your credit report if you pay the amount past due.  Some credit card companies will do this for you as a one-time courtesy.  They are more likely to do it for you if tell them that you never received the statement—which is easier to do if you receive paper statements as they get lost all the time.

Back To Top
Join Our Community of Wealth Builders
Sign Up for our FREE Newsletter!
We respect your privacy.