What it’s like working for the man.
1. Your Reaction When Your Friends Tell You They Have To Work On Holidays
2. …But You Have To Beg For The Day After Thanksgiving Off Because You Don’t Have Seniority
3. Being Good At Your Job Isn’t A Requirement To Get A Raise
Just doing the minimum required will do…
4. Making Backroom Deals For New Office Equipment Is Necessary…
…because it takes forever to get them through official channels
5. Your Reaction When You Find Out Someone Just Quit or Retired…Because That Means A Promotion Just Opened Up
6. …But You Didn’t Get The Promotion Because 1,000 Other People Also Applied
7. It’s True. Government Health Insurance Really Is The Best…
8. Your Workplace Is Still Using Technology That Pre-existed Civilization
9. You Work Twice As Hard As Some Of Your Co-workers…But Get Paid The Same
10. Those Free Bus/Train Passes Are Gold
It’s always nice when you don’t have to pay for your commute to work.
11. How You Feel When Someone Gets Fired….Because It Never Happens
12. There’s Always That One Person In The Office That Loves Cats A Bit Too Much
If you don’t know who it is….it’s probably you.
13. Food keeps missing from the community fridge…but no one knows who’s stealing the food.
Even if you ask them, they will just deny it.
14. But despite everything, you know you are damn lucky to be a government employee